Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/article/a245660
Friday Paper Round, part 3
by Gavin Lumsden on Jan 31, 2003 at 09:39
All the rest of the news that may affect share prices.
* Blair seeks second UN resolution on Iraq
* The National Institution of Economic and Social Research says it expected the economy to grow by 2.2 % this year and by 2.4 % in 2004, lower than the chancellor has forecast
* The European Commission is planning laws that will ban ‘misleading’ food labels
* Barclays Bank warns on planned EU rules which, it says, will raise charges and restrict loans
* Sabena plans to step up legal action against companies associated with Swissair
* The biotechnology industry called on the Government to criminalise intimidation and threats by animal rights activists
* Companies oppose quarterly reports reporting to the FSA
* The US did not slip back into recession at the end of last year as was feared
* AstraZeneca is linked to US healthcare plan fraud
News sponsored by:
Subscribe to Wealth Manager to get the inside track on your rivals' moves
Keep up to date with how your peers are allocating their clients' assets by subscribing to Wealth Manager magazine.
Today's top headlines
More about this:
Aberdeen Live supplement: Fundamentals point to ongoing flows and solid returns from EMD
After a record year for inflows and market-leading performance in 2012, emerging market debt has taken a large step towards the mainstream. Our recent debate covers the outlook for the asset class this year and where opportunities can be found.