View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/article/a245660
Friday Paper Round, part 3
by Gavin Lumsden on Jan 31, 2003 at 09:39
All the rest of the news that may affect share prices.
* Blair seeks second UN resolution on Iraq
* The National Institution of Economic and Social Research says it expected the economy to grow by 2.2 % this year and by 2.4 % in 2004, lower than the chancellor has forecast
* The European Commission is planning laws that will ban ‘misleading’ food labels
* Barclays Bank warns on planned EU rules which, it says, will raise charges and restrict loans
* Sabena plans to step up legal action against companies associated with Swissair
* The biotechnology industry called on the Government to criminalise intimidation and threats by animal rights activists
* Companies oppose quarterly reports reporting to the FSA
* The US did not slip back into recession at the end of last year as was feared
* AstraZeneca is linked to US healthcare plan fraud
News sponsored by:
Ian McVeigh and Steve Davies, managers of Jupiter's UK Growth fund, talk about their predictions for the UK equity space. Click here to watch a series of sponsored interviews with Jupiter's fund managers on the UK equity market.