Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/article/a245650
Friday Paper Round, part 1
by Gavin Lumsden on Jan 31, 2003 at 07:23
Tips and comments from today's papers.
* Astra Zeneca’s hopes for strong earnings recovery in 2004 rest on its ability to launch drugs without costs overruns in a increasingly competitive market
* Spanish bank BBVA's wishes to resume acquisitions in areas such as Germany and Portugal does not inspire confidence
* More and more Canon teaches us the unconventional lesson that is possible to be a Japanese electronics manufacturer and still do well
* Low & Bonar has adopted the ‘golden goodbye’ code of the National Association of Pension Funds and it should work much better than MP Archie Norman’s (p 23)
* Re the contemptuous comments of Nasdaq’s vice-chairman Alfred Berkeley about Europe’s ‘old thinking’: wasn’t it the Europeans who saw off a feeble attempt by Nasdaq to enter their markets?
* Sing a song to the tune of "The wheels on the bus" to tell us of Tim Waterstone’s unceasing wish to buy back his old book shop for not enough pennies to please owner HMV
News sponsored by: