Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/article/a647431
Sants to spearhead Barclays pay crackdown
by Daniel Grote on Dec 24, 2012 at 08:08
Former Financial Services Authority chief executive Hector Sants is to spearhead a crackdown on high pay at Barclays in his new role as head of compliance at the bank, according to The Sunday Telegraph.
Sants (pictured), whose pay package at the bank is reported to be worth £3 million, will work with chief executive Antony Jenkins on reducing pay and changing how performance is assessed, according to the paper.
The work forms part of Project Transform, a strategic review of the bank which will be revealed alongside its results on February 12.
The paper said future payouts at the bank will depend not just on meeting financial goals but on the ‘social impact’ of work.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
- Advisers and providers split over impact of consultancy charging ban
- IFAs vent frustration at lack of re-reg progress
- Lighthouse ties up with Aviva for exclusive protection offering
- Barnett Waddingham: give trustees power to block pension liberation
- Standard Life to pay platform rebate tax for investors
More about this article:
Look up the shares
More from us
What others are saying
by Brian Cantwell on May 20, 2013 at 15:02