French duo hold on to top amLeague spot
The French manager duo started 2012 with strong returns and have kept the momentum going in the league's latest monthly rankings.
by Atholl Simpson on Mar 06, 2012 at 14:20
The February rankings for the league’s pan European mandate show it was a tightly fought battle for first place with the CCR duo returning 6.75%, followed closely by Roche Brune AM’s Bruno Fine and Grégoire Laverne with 6.69%.
In third place came Mandarine Gestion pair Marc Renaud and Yohan Salleron who posted returns of 6.29%.
The amLeague offers a way for institutional investors to compare fund managers' skill at running identical mandates.
Each manager must run a paper portfolio with an identical set of mandate guidelines: a market exposure of 98-100%, a minimum of 20 stocks, and a maximum exposure to any single sector of 35%.
Of the 20 managers taking part in the pan European mandate, 11 outperformed its STOXX 600 Net Return benchmark which rose 4.15% in February.
In the eurozone mandate, the top performing team was from Alliance Bernstein.
Its eurozone strategic value team returned 5.51% in February, beating the portfolio managed by the Barclays team to top spot as they came in second with returns of 5.42%
The Allianz Global Investors duo made up of Catherine Garrigues and Thierry Le Clercq came in third and returned 5.12%.
In the month of February, 9 of the 16 managers included in the mandate outperformed the EuroStoxx Net Return benchmark which rose 4.35%.
The EDRAM duo has topped the leaderboard since the new mandate was launched two months ago at the end of December 2011.
Today's top headlines
- Emerging markets' divi culture is growing, says income manager
- Overnight Markets: US stocks fall after Fed policy statement
- RAM eyes new launch as star manager's fund nears hard closure
- Rates rise would derail US housing recovery, says PIMCO star
- Citywire Ratings: uncovering Asia’s newly-rated elite
More about this:
Look up the fund managers
- Eric Bleines
- Florian Allain
- Bruno Fine
- Grégoire Laverne
- Marc Renaud
- Catherine Garrigues
- Thierry Le Clercq
- Thomas Gerhardt
- Ludovic Vauthier
More from us
- French duo top amLeague’s first ranking of 2012
- Swiss talent scout launches global equity competition
- Invesco duo finish top of 2011 amleague table
- Invesco duo top all-round loss making amLeague table
- Renaud storms back to top of amLeague rankings