· Citywire Euro Stars Ratings are a derivative of the information ratio, called the Manager Ratio, which uses a benchmark applied at the fund level in-house by Citywire and considers all the eligible funds that the individual runs.
· Euro Stars Ratings are based on monthly three-year performance data to the end of February 2013.
· In order to be eligible for a Euro Stars rating, a manager must be active for a minimum of two-and-a-half years within that period and be active at the end of the period. They must also be managing a fund that is registered for sale in at least three of the following countries: UK, Ireland, Luxembourg, Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Cyprus, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Liechtenstein and Malta.
· Performance is calculated based upon total returns, priced at bid to bid, with income re-invested at the ex-dividend date.
· Once the eligibility criteria above are met, managers with a Citywire Manager Ratio of 0.25 or above gain a rating of A, AA, or the highest AAA.
Euro Stars news:
Welcome to our sixth edition of Euro Stars, updated as of June 2013.
Our latest Euro Stars guide will doubtless provide you with new ideas for some autumn portfolio re-jigging. Whether you're looking to ride Abenomics or tap a reinvigorated US, this guide showcases all the fund managers you need to know.
But Euro Stars is not just about identifying new talent, in this sixth edition there's also a crop of managers that have been rated consistently since our very first publication.
To obtain a Euro Stars rating, managers must display strong risk-adjusted returns and must also be running funds that are registered for sale in at least three of the countries our analysis covers.
Your role as fund selectors isn't getting any easier, so we've set out to deliver all the information you need to make well-informed investment decisions.
About Euro Stars:
Not just global generalists but also managers running thematic funds investing globally: the best of both appear in this category
We list the best managers of pan-European equity funds along with the best single-country equity fund managers across the continent
North American Equities
This market is simple to define but tough to beat. These are the fund managers delivering the best risk-adjusted returns across large and small-cap sectors
London is one of the world's major asset management centres so the UK equity sector includes many leading fund managers
Emerging Market Equities
If you believe emerging markets hold the key to global growth, you need to know who is on this list
Asia Pacific Equities
Our Asia Pacific equity category compares funds investing in markets across the region including the growth economies of China and India as well as Japan
Financials, natural resources, technology - Run by experts with a deep knowledge of their chosen fields, specialist equities can add de-correlation to a portfolio
Which global bond fund managers have delivered the best three-year risk-adjusted returns? This category provides the answers
Combining the best fund managers across all the more specialised bond sectors: emerging market debt, corporate bonds, high yield and convertibles
A sector covering mixed asset funds, a simple way for investors to diversify their holdings and minimise volatility with minimum fuss and costs.