Citywire Berlin 2012: the movie
by Amy Williams on Nov 12, 2012 at 10:37
Where to invest, when to invest, who to invest with?
That's the code fund selectors and delegates set out to crack as they attended Citywire Berlin 2012.
Our theme this year was New Identities and we heard plenty of reasons for reinvention.
Economist Peter Perkins opened in dramatic form as he called time on bonds. While Karel van Wolferen's insider's perspective on Japan and professor Deborah Bräutigam's expose of China's real dealings with Africa, forced investors to reconsider commonly held views.
More about this:
More from us
- Japan insider: Asian economies propping up US dollar
- African land grab is a myth, says China expert
- Japan’s ‘lost decade’ is nonsense, says Asia expert
- US has a 'loaded gun to its head', says top economist
- Top fund selectors: Don't mess with Draghi
- Top economist: ‘There is nothing left for bonds’
- Citywire Switzerland 2012: Highlights from Gstaad